Chief Executive Officer: Fixed Term Contract – EWSETA
The Energy and Water Sector Education and Training Authority (EWSETA) is a Skills Development Authority serving the Energy and Water sectors. It is one of 21 SETAs established in South Africa in terms of the Skills Development Act of 1998 as amended.
Purpose of the job and expected outcomes:
- To lead and provide overall strategic direction and leadership in the implementation of the National Skills Development Strategy (NSDS) III within the Energy and Water sectors.
- Upskilling and Transforming the relevant sectors, which includes electricity, renewable energy, nuclear, gas and water services sub-sectors as determined by the Honourable Minister of Higher Education and Training in terms of Section 9(2) of the SDA, in conjunction with the Government Gazette No 33756, RG 9417, No. R1055 of 11 November 2010.
- Managing the delivery of Quality Assurance principles of the mandate as stipulated in the Service Level Agreement with the Honourable Minister, for all our stakeholders.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of all services rendered to stakeholders, remaining visionary to our efforts, including research and data management.
- Managing all legal matters and the reputation of the EWSETA.
- Ensuring that all divisions within the EWSETA meet their objectives for the overall success of the organisation.
Fixed Term Contract is linked to the SETA license until 31 March 2020. The CEO will be reporting to the EWSETA Board (Accounting Authority), serving as an Accounting Officer delegated by the EWSETA Board.